By: Dolly Yasa
BACOLOD City – Bacolod Real Estate Development Corporation(BREDCO) president John P. Alonte led individual awardees from the Real Estate sector who were cited by the city government as part of the charter anniversary celebration on June 18, 2019.
The city government awarded Top Taxpayers for 2018 and Outstanding City Hall Employees, while Mayor Evelio Leonardia gave special citations to individuals and groups for their valuable achievements that brought fame and honor to the city during the awarding ceremonies held this week.
The awarding ceremony was held at the Bacolod City Government Center lobby Tuesday night.
Senator Cynthia Villar was guest of honor and speaker at the Charter Day program.
Assisting Leonardia in giving the awards were Rep. Greg Gasataya, Vice Mayor El Cid Familiaran, Councilors Em Ang, Renecito Novero and Bartolome Orola, and Councilors-elect Simple Distrito and Archie Baribar, and officers of the Rotary Club of Bacolod.
The Top Taxpayers for 2018 were:
- Jerry Sy – Silver Dragon Construction and Glass Supply
- Ofelia Lacson Montelibano – Felicia’s Retail and Pastry Shop
- Manuel Po – LJP Trading
- Pio Escala Villaester – GPM Trading
- Alvin Yu – Bacolod Triumph Hardware
- Business (Corporate)
- Mainstream Business, Inc.
- SM Prime Holdings, Inc.,
- Freemont Foods Corp. (Jollibee)
- San Miguel Brewery, Inc.
- Neo Foods Corp. (Jollibee)
- Real Property (Individual)
- Jose Antonio Alonte, Jr. – BREDCO
- Stephanie Chiu – Diamond Marketing
- Rolando Corona Jr. – Mt. View Subdivision
- Catherine Ong – Diamond Marketing
- Nilbert Lamata – Sharina Heights
- Real Property (Corporate)
- Coca-Cola FEMSA Phil. Inc.
- SM Prime Holdings Inc.
- Philippine Airlines
- Dynasty Management and Development Corp.
- SM Mega Holdings
The awardees received plaques from Bacolod officials, assisted by City Treasurer Giovanni Balalilhe.
The outstanding City Hall employees were:
- Supervisory Level
- Ma. Luisa Esmeres – Homesite and Housing Regulation Officer III of the Bacolod Housing Authority
- Non-Supervisory Level
- Edmund Neil Mamon – Draftsman III of the City Planning and Development Office
- Nolito Langreo – Light Equipment Operator of the City Engineer’s Office
The three awardees each received plaques and P12,000 in cash from the city government.
The Search for Outstanding City Hall Employees was a partnership between the City Human Resources Management Office, headed by Erman Aguirre, and the Rotary Club of Bacolod.
The Rotary Club of Bacolod gave tokens to each of the nominees:
Supervisory Level: Mary Ann Quiachon of the Bacolod Housing Authority, and Ramel Palalon of the Department of Public Services
Non-Supervisory Level: Edwin Amago and Merly Leyes, both of the Department of Public Services, and Jose Marie Ballados of the City Engineer’s Office
Those who received a Mayor’s Special Citation were:
- Councilor Em Ang
- Councilor Caesar Distrito
- Councilor Sonya Verdeflor
The three are outgoing councilors, and were recognized for their valuable service to the people of Bacolod through the many committees they chaired for the last nine years
- Julio Miguel Zapata – for winning gold medal at the 14th ASEAN Taekwondo Federation Championships in Manila in May 2019
- Leigh Andee Rodriguez – for winning gold medal at the 14th ASEAN Taekwondo Federation Championships in Manila in May 2019
- Andrea Zolayvar – this 97-year-old former City Hall employee was recognized for her long-standing service to the City of Bacolod in various capacities for more than six decades under 13 mayors
- MassKara Festival contingents to Andong City, South Korea— The 10 MassKara dancers to Andong, namely Airick Bayking, Alvin Cardiente, Eduardo Cautibar Jr., Alanel Cordero, Marlon Imperial, Jesus Surell, Argie Tacadao, John Rey Tonogbanua, Jerick Urbina, and Jestoni Valor were given citation for winning the bronze medal at the World Mask Dance Competition in 2018, where they competed against 12 other international mask dance teams.
- MassKara Festival contingents to Daegu City, South Korea – The 21 dancers in Daegu, namely, Segundo Jesus Cabalcar Jr., Prince Alain Adle, Alulod, Airick Bayking, Joenel Buenoventura, Cardiente, Casabuena, Alanel Cordero, Denver Diocson, Jasper Mae Diocson, Ramylito Emperado, Lamirez, Lopez, Nestie Nemes, Aljon Ramos, Kate Redimo, Regalado, Suspene, Argie Tacadao, Jestoni Valor, and Eduardo Yanos Jr. were recognized for representing Bacolod in the 2019 Daegu Colorful Festival, and for winning as champion in the best foreign group category, besting 21 other foreign countries.
- MassKara Festival contingents to Ulsan City, South Korea— The seven-member contingent to Ulsan, namely John Rey Alulod, Alvin Cardiente, Joedem Casabuena, Mark Philip Lamirez, Richard Lopez, Jay Ar Regalado, and Billy Rey Suspene, was the only foreign team invited to perform at the Maduhee Festival in June 2019, the first time in its 320-year history that a foreign group was invited to perform there.
- Wilson Gaviola Jr. –a product of the Bacolod Boys Home, and now a member of Urban Flow Rap Group of Manila, for his contribution as musical artist and composer.