Fire razes house in Molo

A HOUSE rented by a 74-year-old woman was gutted by fire morning of Jan. 2, 2018 in Molo, Iloilo City.

Luckily, Rosabella Lazo was unscathed in the conflagration which firefighters quickly quelled before it could spread to other houses at Zone 2, Barangay Compania Central, Molo.

Senior Fire Officer 1 (SFO1) Edison Gimotea, Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) – Iloilo City arson investigator, said short circuit of electrical wiring might have caused the fire that gutted the two-storey, 54-year-old house.

Gimotea said overloading might have resulted in the short circuit of electrical wiring.

Gigi, a stay-out helper of the elderly woman, claimed she was having coffee with Lazo when they heard a loud noise at the back portion of the house.

Lazo is renting the house, which was made of mixed materials.

The woman lived alone in the house, as her children are all abroad.

Initial report pegged the damage to property at P300,000.