Still no word from woman who accused cop of rape

By Jennifer P. Rendon

The 21-year-old woman who accused a policeman of allegedly sexually molesting her has maintained her silence a week after reporting the incident.

Major Jose Val Ladublan, Iloilo City Police Station 2 chief, said they have been trying to reach out to Ana (not real name) every day since December 1.

“But we couldn’t get ahold of her,” he said. “Maayo pa gani kay nakasabat s’ya sa text sang reporter.”

Just like her last text messages to police operatives, the woman claimed that she’s not feeling well.

She did not say if she would pursue the case against the policeman who allegedly raped her inside a lodging house in La Paz, Iloilo City.

Police are also unaware of the result of the medical examination on the complainant since it could only be released to her.

Investigators learned that the officer Ana was referring to was not assigned to Passi City Police Station but to the PNP Regional Personnel Holding and Accounting Unit (RPHAU) in Camp Delgado, Iloilo City.

It remains unclear if the officer is on non-duty status since he is due for retirement soon.

It was around 9:30 p.m. of Nov 30, 2021 when Ana went to Iloilo City Police Station 1 at City Proper district to complain that she was allegedly molested.

She was subsequently taken to La Paz PNP after it was learned that the lodging house is in La Paz.

At the police station, she appeared calm while being asked how the sexual attack happened.

Ana narrated that the policeman went to her workplace around 6 p.m. of Nov 30. They hailed a cab and went to a motel in La Paz district.

She claimed that the taxi dropped them off outside the room and not on the room’s parking slot.

She told investigators that she was raped but dodged questions how the rape happened.

Police learned that she asked for P500 for her fare going to her boarding house, but the policeman gave her P1,000.

In less than an hour after reporting what happened, personnel of the La Paz PNP Women and Children’s Desk escorted her to West Visayas State University Medical Center in Jaro district for a medical examination.

The policewomen stayed until 2:00 a.m. of December 1 but had to temporarily get back to the station to attend to another incident involving minors.

But they allegedly sent a text message to Ana asking her to go back to the station once her medical examination is done.

They heard nothing from her until they went back to the hospital around 5 a.m. of Dec 1 where they learned from WVSUMC personnel that she went out around 2:20 a.m.

Police again tried to reach out to her.

Ana only texted back around 8:30 a.m. informing police officers that she was in Leganes and was on her way home.

Nothing was heard from her ever since.

Even after reporting the incident, Ana made it clear that she only wanted that the policeman would be warned.

She claimed she has no plans of filing a case.