Boy, 11, dies from electrocution

By Jennifer P. Rendon 

An 11-year-old boy died of electrocution afternoon of August 29 at Cabatuan, Iloilo.

Christian Tolentino was playing with some friends at their house at Barangay Acao when he accidentally touched a severed electrical wire.

Captain Myles Dieron, Cabatuan police chief, said that the wire may have been damaged after it was hit by lightning.

Several children were playing at the scene after the rain stopped.

It was only Christian who touched the wire that was on the ground.

He was taken to Ramon Tabiana Memorial District Hospital but was pronounced dead on arrival.

Dieron said power distributor Iloilo Electric Cooperative 1 (ILECO-1) has fixed the electrical wire.

But they could still be held liable for reckless imprudence.

Dieron said, though, it’s up to ILECO-1 to settle with the victim’s family.