By: Jennifer P. Rendon
A 51-YEAR-OLD father who was allegedly suffering from nervous breakdown allegedly stabbed his son to death in Dingle, Iloilo.
The incident happened around 3 p.m. of Aug. 25, 2019 at the family’s home in Barangag Nazuni.
After attacking his 11-year old son, Jonathan Dangaran stabbed himself with the same weapon thrice.
Police Executive Master Sergeant Enrique Intoy, Dingle deputy police chief, said family members claimed that Dangaran had trouble sleeping the past three days.
His wife had been away to look for his medicine when the knife attack happened.
Jonathan was allegedly sitting at their house’s lanai and was visibly disturbed.
“He was going in and out of the house and claimed that a platoon of military men was out to get him,” Intoy said.
The suspect was seen keeping a knife but took it out shortly later.
Without any apparent provocation, he allegedly plunged the knife into his 14-year-old son but missed.
The teenager then scampered for help.
Jonathan then turned his ire on the 11-year-old sibling. He stabbed the boy once on the chest.
The suspect left his 3-year-old child, the youngest in a brood of eight, unharmed.
Both the boy and Jonathan were rushed to Iloilo Provincial Hospital in Pototan town but the former was declared dead on arrival.
It remains uncertain if the family will pursue charges against the suspect.