Garbage collector dies after electrocution

By Jennifer P. Rendon 

A garbage collector died after he got electrocuted noon of October 11 in Pavia, Iloilo.

Richard Alegre, who worked for Margarico Hauling Services, was sorting the garbage collected at Park Regency Subdivision in Barangay Ungka 2, Pavia, around 11:55 a.m. Wednesday when the incident happened.

According to his buddy, the victim, 25, of Barangay Calajunan, Mandurriao, Iloilo City, was thrown down and hit his head.

Members of Pavia Emergency Responders (PAVERS) rushed him to Western Visayas Medical Center. He was momentarily revived but died shortly later.

Staff Sergeant Wharen Talamor, Pavia police chief, said they have yet to get the medical report to check what the immediate cause of death was – the electrocution or the head injury when he fell unconscious.