By Glazyl Y. Masculino
BACOLOD City – A 9-year-old boy died after he choked on a chocolate candy at his school in Barangay Zone 4, Cadiz City, Negros Occidental last Friday.
Authorities withheld the name of the Grade 2 minor-victim.
Police Captain Gina Fernandez, deputy chief of Cadiz City Police Station, said the victim asked assistance from his teacher when the candy got stuck inside his mouth.
He could not speak and was already pale and bluish, according to Fernandez.
The victim was declared dead at the hospital.
Fernandez said they could not tell the cause of the victim’s choking, but wrappers of chocolate candy were seen inside his bag.
She said that the victim did not undergo an X-ray, based on the decision of his family.