By: Felipe V. Celino
ROXAS CITY, Capiz – Two alleged gunrunners from lloilo province were arrested by police here Wednesday in an entrapment operation in Tapaz town.
Acting on an intelligence tipoff, undercover operatives of the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG)-Capiz led by Police Major Arthemius Cris Devaras busted Leopoldo Cabayao Latumbo and Richard Jarana Palma, noth residents of Calinog and Bingawan towns in Iloilo
The bust was conducted 11:15 a.m. Wednesday at Sitio Jimenez in Brgy. San Miguel Ilaya, Tapaz.
Police confiscated from the suspects the following items:
- a caliber .45 Pistol (Colt Government Model 1911A1);
- a magazine assembly for calibre 45;
- two rounds of live calibre .45 ammunitions,
- a unit caliber .22 (Smith and Wesson) revolve;
- four rounds of live calibre .33 ammunition;
- two knives;
- a hand-held radio,
- a motorcycle, among others.
Charges for violation of the Comprehensive Firearms and Ammunition Regulation Act and Presidential Decree No. 9 as amended by Batas Pambansa Bilang 6 are being prepared against the suspects.