Man, 74, dies of electrocution

By: Jennifer P. Rendon 

A 74-year-old man was found dead in Oton, Iloilo morning of June 5, 2019.

Authorities believed that Rolando Geneblaza was electrocuted after he accidentally touched a live wire while cutting bamboos at Barangay Botong.

Barangay tanod Dennis Sante saw Geneblaza’a body while on his way to his farm around 7:30 a.m. Wednesday.

Members of the Oton Search and Rescue Team responded to the area but the victim was already immobile. He was declared dead at the hospital.

As the OSART personnel were responding to Geneblaza, another person got electrocuted some meters away.

Police Executive Master Sergeant Gaudioso Yudelmo of Oton PNP said Welbert Pajura was carrying an improvised ladder when he accidentally touched a live wire.

Witnesses at first thought that he was merely acting out until blood came out from his ears.

Pajura was brought to Western Visayas Medical Center for treatment.