By Francis Allan L. Angelo
The management of Radyo Todo Aklan sued a man before the Aklan Provincial Prosecutor’s Office last Wednesday for sending pandesal or bread stuffed with caliber 9 mm bullets to one of its reporters.
Jonathan Cabrera, Radyo Todo Aklan station manager, confirmed the filing of charges for light threats against a certain Brando Cortez.
Cabrera said they identified Cortez via closed circuit TV camera footage, but they have no idea why Cortez would send the bullet-laced bread to Indelible.
The police tried locating Cortez via his social media account but it was already deactivated. They managed to locate his address but they cannot anymore enforce warrantless arrest as the 18-hour time window had lapsed.
Authorities invited Cortez to the police station but he did not show up.
Cabrera said they don’t personally know Cortez although they received information that he is a native of Pampanga province and had been staying in Aklan for four years already.
“But we are not new to threats. It is part of the job. We will continue to do our jobs,” Cabrera said Thursday.
“Padayon lang gihapon kami. Nagapati kita sa rule of law kaya we filed a complaint. Tani sa mga natatamaan sa amon mga kometaryo, file lang man sila kaso against us kun pamatyag nila agrabyado sila. Indi na lang mamahog or even more than that,” he added.
(Photo courtesy of Radyo Todo Aklan)