Pototan Man Arrested Again for Illegal Firearm

By Jennifer P. Rendon

A 45-year-old man from Pototan, Iloilo, was arrested again for illegal possession of a firearm.

Alias “Ricky,” an online food seller, was apprehended during a raid at his home in Barangay Macatol, Pototan, on the morning of April 1.

Operatives from the Pototan Municipal Police Station served Search Warrant No. 25-279, issued by Judge Vicente Go of Regional Trial Court Branch 68 in PD Monfort, Dumangas, Iloilo, on March 28, 2025.

Seized during the operation were a caliber .38 revolver, a magazine, ammunition for a caliber .45 pistol and a sling bag.

Capt. Jersey Besas, Pototan police chief, said the suspect had been previously arrested for the same offense.

Members of the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group arrested him in 2022, but the case was reportedly dismissed.

Besas said the latest raid was prompted by several complaints from the community.

On February 28, the suspect was accused of illegally discharging a firearm.

Barangay tanods also reported him for being unruly, while residents claimed he often acted high-handed.

The suspect is now detained and will be charged with violating Republic Act 10591, or the Comprehensive Firearms and Ammunition Regulation Act.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here