SK chairman dies from electrocution

A 23-year-old chairman of the Sangguniang Kabataan (SK) died after he was electrocuted in Barangay Bandila, Toboso, Negros Occidental on Wednesday. (Photo courtesy of Toboso Municipal Police Station)

By Glazyl Y. Masculino

BACOLOD CITY — A Sangguniang Kabataan (SK) chairman died after being electrocuted at his home in Barangay Bandila, Toboso, Negros Occidental, police said Wednesday.

The victim, identified as 23-year-old Welmar Tapang, was electrocuted while attempting to fix an electric bulb with wet hands, according to Police Major Jun Ray Batadlan, the town police chief.

“Tapang was bathing his child when he noticed their electric bulb. Despite his hands being wet, he attempted to fix the bulb,” Batadlan said. This led to his electrocution.

Batadlan added that Tapang was declared dead at a hospital.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here