Student dies of electrocution

By Jennifer P. Rendon

An 18-year-old student died afternoon of Feb. 6 after he was electrocuted while installing an internet line connection in Pilar, Capiz.

Joewy delos Santos, a resident of Barangay Natividad, Pilar, was rushed to Bailan District Hospital but did not pull through.

His companion, John Christian Serrano, 26, also from Natividad village, was also electrocuted but only suffered a minor injury.

Serrano was treated at the town’s rural health unit.

According to reports, delos Santos went for a part-time job installing Piso WiFi, a self-service coin-operated internet system, at Sitio Tambo, Barangay Binaobawan, Pilar.

Staff Sergeant Rolyn Alag, Pilar police investigator, said the victim touched an aluminum wire which they used to tie the support wire of the Piso WiFi antenna that got in contact with the service drop of the Capiz Electric Electric Cooperative (CAPELCO).

Alag said the investigation is deemed closed, as no one should be held accountable for what happened.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here