Teen hacked dead by pal

Policemen respond to a hacking incident that killed a 19-year-old boy in Barangay Pinggot, Ilog, Negros Occidental Thursday. (Photo courtesy of Ilog Municipal Police Station)

By Glazyl Y. Masculino

BACOLOD City – Police are looking into a misunderstanding caused by drunkenness as a possible motive behind the death of a 19-year-old boy at Sitio Kanyabaka, Purok Old Pinggot, Barangay Pinggot, Ilog, Negros Occidental last Thursday.

Police identified the victim as Bonie Cordova of Barangay Canlamay.

Police Major Joseph Partidas, town police chief, said the victim and the 24-year-old suspect had a drinking session at the latter’s house, along with some other friends, when they both decided to look for frogs.

However, after a few hours, the suspect came home with a bolo with bloodstains and allegedly confessed that he hacked the victim and left him beside the sugarcane field.

The victim suffered multiple hack wounds in his back and neck when found.

“So far, allegedly basi naglalisay sila samtang pakadto sa pagpangkuha sang paka. Hinubog naman nga storya,” Partidas said.

He said the suspect is still at large, as of this writing.

Meanwhile, the following day, a 58-year-old farmer was found dead in a nipa hut at Purok 1, Sitio Hunob, Barangay Tuyom, Cauayan town.

Based on police investigation, a resident was supposed to buy coffee in a nearby store when he noticed blood stains at the front door of the nipa hut while passing by the victim’s house.

Upon checking, he saw the victim lying inside the nipa hut with stab wounds in the chest.

Investigation is ongoing for the identification and arrest of the perpetrator.

Last Saturday, a 47-year-old man was also hacked dead after he allegedly created alarm and scandal in Barangay Codcod, San Carlos City.

According to the police, the victim was under the influence of liquor when he went berserk in front of the house of the unidentified persons.

The victim was reportedly shouting and challenging them to a fistfight until he was allegedly mauled by them.

He then went home and took a grenade but he was allegedly hacked by these persons while he was on his way back.