By Jennifer P. Rendon
Outstanding police officers and units of the Iloilo City Police Office (ICPO) were formally recognized during the celebration of its 122nd Police Service Anniversary (PSA).
Iloilo City Mayor Jerry Treñas was the guest of honor and speaker of the event held at the ICPO headquarters in Camp Plagata, Gen. Luna St., City Proper.
Treñas said the celebration is deemed as a significant milestone in the history of law enforcement.
He also mentioned the importance of partnership between the police and the community, as it endeavored to build a safer, more prosperous, and harmonious society.
Treñas said acknowledging and commending the outstanding efforts of police personnel is just but fitting to highlight the celebration.
For this year’s PSA, ICPO awardees were led by Police Lieutenant Colonel Rene Obregon Jr. who was recognized as Best Senior Police Commissioned Officer for Administration and Lt. Col. Antonio Benitez Jr. as Best Senior Police Commissioned Officer for Operations.
Other awardees are:
* Police Executive Master Sergeant John Erwin Cania – Best Senior Police Non-Commissioned Officer for Administration;
* Senior Master Sergeant Evan John Piansay – Best Senior Police Non-Commissioned Officer for Operations;
* Staff Sergeant Luvelyn Paulari – Best Junior Police Non-Commissioned Officer for Administration;
* Corporal Lino San Pedro – Best Junior Police Non-Commissioned Officer for Operations;
* Non-uniformed personnel Eleever Benitez – Best Non-Uniformed Personnel for Non-Supervisory Level;
* Iloilo City Mobile Force Company – Best City Mobile Force Company;
* City Drug Enforcement Unit – Best Police Unit for Operations; and
* Police Station 3 – Best Numbered Police Station.
The Philippine National Police celebrates August 8 as the Police Service Anniversary in commemoration of the joint founding anniversaries of the Philippine Constabulary established in 1901 and the Integrated National Police organized in 1975, both forerunner organizations of the contemporary PNP.