By Lcid Crescent Fernandez
Prometheus had its company retreat the past week, and an interesting question was brought up: “What does a perfect day look like to you?”
Now most people would probably answer along the lines of going on a vacation and spending time with their loved ones. All of this is valid, but I particularly like the answer of our ECD, Gino Fanega. He described his perfect day not as places to which he would go or things he would do there. He didn’t mention anything extravagant or out of the ordinary. He described what seemed to be a regular normal day that he would have:
- Wake up early and exercise
- Have breakfast with family
- Start workday early either by writing stories or shooting outdoors
- Spend lunch with workmates and/or friends
- Catch on the latest or classic films
- Strolling and dinner with fiancée
Most people would imagine a day filled with extremes in pleasure, indulgence, and happiness. And you’d never be able to live that day. Even if you did get the chance to live that day, every other point in your life just sucks in comparison. It’s not sustainable so the perfect day just devolves into an illusion that destroys the beauty of the rest of our lives. So would you trade the rest of your life for this “perfect” day?
Instead, picture your normal days. Then, make small adjustments here and there to make each part of that day more enjoyable for you. These small changes will facilitate much better experiences and interactions throughout the day that gives you a better outlook on what a good life can be. With that process, every day becomes the best day of your life.
This is my usual day with the small changes in parentheses:
- Wake up at 4am to walk my dog. (He goes down the elevator by himself to pee)
- Sit in my office and open up the Masterclass for the day.
- Meditate for 20 minutes.
- Work on my individual tasks on my bedroom workstation. (Have a checklist ready so I don’t miss anything)
- Workout. (Have a gym buddy with me)
- Breakfast. (I do this together with my parents)
- Morning roam around our office with my dog to let everyone know I’m available for consultation. (Arrive before everyone)
- Team-based work.
- Lunch with our team.
- Coffee date with a friend (Different person every day)
- (Accompany our video team on one of their shoots)
- A hearty dinner.
- (Pose action figures)
What does your perfect day look like?
It’s all about mindset; How you talk to and view yourself in your journey to be a better you. Every monday, we’re going to talk about getting better.