BACOLOD City – Six elementary pupils and high school students received citations and cash prizes for winning a Poster-making Contest held in Bacolod City during the 2019 Independence Day Job and Business Fairs and in celebration of the 2019 World Day Against Child Labor.
This contest initiated by the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) in Region 6 aimed to raise public awareness on the government’s thrust to reduce the number of child labor incidence in the Region and in the country.
The contest had two categories – elementary and secondary.
Each winner received a Plaque of Appreciation and a cash prize.
For elementary category, the winners are
- Samantha S. Alacap of Fernando F. Gonzaga Elementary School, 1st place; and
- Nathalie E. Araujo and Chelsey Anne B. Padilla of Handumanan Elementary School, 2nd and 3rd places, respectively.
They received certificates and cash prizes of P2,000; P1,000; and P500, respectively.
For the secondary category, the winners are:
- Julie E. Montaño, Junior High School of Handumanan National High School (NHS), 1st place;
- Aldrich Rey B. Balgomera, Senior High School of Domingo Lacson NHS, 2nd place; and,
- Jwennyth Wackyn L. Lim, Junior High School of Handumanan NHS, 3rd place.
They also received Certificates and cash prizes of P3,000; P1,500; and, P1,000, respectively.
DOLE-6 Regional Director Cyril L. Ticao thanked the participating, schools, students and coaches.
Twenty-four students – 10 from the elementary and 14 from the secondary levels – joined the contest and were given two hours to finish their masterpieces using only pencil, 8 colored crayons, ballpens (black & blue), eraser, and illustration board.
The winning posters, which illustrated, interpreted and emphasized this year’s theme of the celebration of World Day Against Child Labor, “Hayaan ang mga Batang Mangarap nang Huwag Malugmok sa Trabahong Mahirap”, were chosen based on Creativity and Presentation (40 percent); Originality (30 percent); and Relevance to the theme (30 percent).
The wining works will be posted on DOLE-6’s Official Facebook Account and shall be the official cover of the 2019 Annual Report.